Practicing Cardiovascualer Perfusion in New York State
On October 22, 2013 Perfusion became a licensed profession in the State of New York.

Q. How do I apply for a New York perfusion license?
A. The process for license application is under development. It is anticipted that perfusionist will          be able to apply for a NYS license starting in 2015.

Q. In the Interim, are there any other credentials required to practice perfusion in New York
A. Yes, perfusionist practicing in NYS will need a "Permit to Practice as a Perfusionist". The link to      obtain this permit is :

Q. Are there any exceptions to this requirement?
A. Yes. A perfusionist who is licenced in NY to perform laboratory testing is exempt from requiring      a practice permit.

225 Community Drive, South Entrance
Great Neck, NY 11021
Phone: 516-466-2994 Fax: 516-466-3780
email me
Please email Ruby Bahk with any questions