225 Community Drive, South Entrance
Great Neck, NY 11021
Phone: 516-466-2994 Fax: 516-466-3780
What's New
Contact Us
NYS Schools
Photo Contest

email me
Please email Richard Chan with any questions
Practicing Cardiovascular Perfusion in New York State
On October 22, 2013 Perfusion became a licensed profession in the State of New York.  

Q. How do I apply for a New York perfusion license?
A. The process for license application is complete. Perfusionists can apply for licensing using this
     link http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/perfusion/

Q. In the Interim to licensing, are there any other credentials required to practice perfusion in New York State?
A. Yes, perfusionist practicing in NYS will need a "Permit to Practice as a Perfusionist". The link to      obtain this permit is http://www.op.nysed.gov.prof/perfusion/

Q. Are there any exceptions to this requirement?
A. Yes. A perfusionist who is licensed in NY to perform laboratory testing is exempt from requiring      a practice permit. However they will need a perfusionist license to practice as a perfusionist.